1st December 2014
What a year it’s been! After the challenges of the recession, 2014 – Top Tubes 20th anniversary year – has turned out to be a year to remember.
Business of the Year award
Winning an Express & Star Business of the Year award in May was a great achievement thoroughly enjoyed by everyone in the company. Managing Director Adam Bradley and Finance Director Matt Bradley have an ongoing commitment to investment in tools and machinery and, just as importantly, people and this ethos is paying dividends.
ISO 14001 registration
Gaining ISO 14001 registration has been another landmark this year. Reductions in packaging waste, the replacement of nylon rope by steel banding and waste segregation programmes have resulted in a significant reduction in the amount of waste going into landfill.
“Our environmental commitment has always been strong and is under constant review” says Quality Manager Steve Powell. “Gaining registration was only the beginning — we’re developing further projects such as low energy lighting and improving oils and fluids”.
Investment in plant and machinery
It’s been an eventful year in terms of new plant and machinery.
- The new tube mill installed at the start of the year has gone from strength to strength. February saw the installation of a brand new BLM Adige LT722D laser cutting machine — with a fifth being added this month.
- February saw the installation of a brand new BLM Adige LT722D laser cutting machine — with a fifth being added this month.
- The RP applicator installed mid year has proved to be highly efficient.
- Earlier in the year we acquired our first branded vehicle and our fleet has now increased to five.
- This month and January 2015 will see a second RP applicator installed, a new packaging machine and a brand new saw.